Wednesday, March 18, 2009

LMFF - L'oreal Paris Runway 1

Photobucket
My favourite Karen Walker piece has to be the beautiful Rooster print dress because of it's colour, cut & versatility. Not one of my favourite collections but nevertheless it delivered true Karen Walker style - with quirky elements and great styling. 

Photobucket
Love Josh Goot's wonderful take on tie dye, it's seamless & the palette is very of the moment. Goot's knowledge of fabrics is exemplified in his pieces and I'll take one of each thanks! 

Photobucket
Kirrily Johnston goes all goth & flow and makes me wonder if I'd be scared if I met one of these girls in a dark alley? I like the ease of the pieces and imagine the look would not be complete without that scarf...nice. 

Photobucket
Grey, metallics and sheer black all works well together but I was not very inspired by this collection. Yes, it's ready to wear and accessible but I wanted more. 

Photobucket
Ksubi you excite me. I want to be the girl wearing your clothes getting photographed by the Cobrasnake! Just a thought : )

Photobucket
I'm feeling it, yes I am, especially Kalivas' army green looks. Too cute!

Photobucket
Romance Was Born with little Mickey Mouse ears and tights with holes, fringing galore and pops of colour. Swishing down the runway would not be difficult. Again, the look of the moment for many overseas designers and no doubt, the youth of today will lap it up!

4 comments:

sarah said...

MUST have that top with the chicken on it! so bizarre!

captivateme said...

I'm usually not into prints but Josh Goot's collection made me drool...gorgeous!!

Twobreadsplease said...

I love the rooster dress, it's amazing. x

189m said...

love the second look of the second picture, awesome. thanks for your comment, nice blog!
xo