Sunday, March 22, 2009

Independent & 'High Tea on High'


Independent show

Woodford & co.

Hemden

Excuse my poorly photos! These are from the Independent Runway Shows I attended on Friday night & the 'High Tea on High' show on Saturday morning.

It has all become a bit of a blur really! Friday night was all about up and coming designers such as Carly Hunter, Daniela Orlando, Dion Lee (yes please), Ellery (sexy studs), House of Baulch (OMFG), Konstantina Mittas, Kuwaii, Limedrop, Lui Hon for Von (v. strong collection), Made in Donald (ah ruffles), maus cat berlin, RestinPeace, Saint Augustine Academy, Trimapee and Who Am I. (more pics to come)

Saturday morning the City of Stonnington hosted a parade showcasing designers from the local area in particular High Street, Armadale. The differences between a morning and night show were abundant yet both catered to their target audience.

Independent Runway was all loud music, dark lights and up and coming designers whereas on Saturday we were spoilt by beautiful cupcakes, sandwiches and much needed coffee and drinks. As I'd already seen Woodford & co's collection in store (I know I'm eager!), the most surprising thing was that I enjoyed Hemden's Men's tailoring the most. It was all beautiful fabrics and lovely prints that would make any man look dashing and dare I say - important!

So I have survived LMFF, even though I didn't attend more shows, I can only imagine how exhausted the real fashion crowd feels!

No comments: