Thursday, December 4, 2008

Highly Recommended

Photobucket

I had the the privilege of seeing Vicky Cristina Barcelona by Woody Allen last night and I can't stop myself from sharing it with you. If you want location, there's Barcelona's beautiful landscapes, country side & seaside, wonderful and very watchable actors, Javier Bardem, Scarlett Johansson, Penélope Cruz and the lovely Rebecca Hall. 

The best part is the complicated, yet real characters they play. With each entanglement of love comes emotional & sexual adventure which the characters try to work through and resolve. I really loved the story line and the feisty Maria Elena (Penélope Cruz) had me laughing so hard ("I could have been a concert pianist you know!) but it was Rebecca Hall that had me most surprised because I wondered why I'd never seen her before - she is awe-inspiring!

No comments: