Sunday, September 14, 2008

make me up

One of the things that I completely forget to think about is how to update my make-up look for the season coming. I'm not very experimental when it comes to make-up because usually a smoky eye application leaves me looking bruised! My make-up bag has many different variations of beige and brown and not much in between. What a wonderful way to feel inspired now that the New York shows have featured beautifully made up models in orange, blue, pink and in between. I'm not sure however, if I could ever pull off the Marc Jacobs albino look.
L.A.M.B Spring 2008 - not a current show but how could I resist this smoky eye perfection using MAC Matte Eyeshadow in Typographic and Prussian
Another 'oldie' but goodie (above & below), Alberta Ferretti Fall 2008 channelling Brigitte Bardot. I love love love this look down to the bobby pin hair and pale lips - perfection.
OK, New York! Below, Proenza Schouler models with emphasis on orange lips and wavy hair

below, Rodarte models also featuring a minimal made up face but this time it's ballerina hair... 
...and orange highlighted eyes
at Thakoon it's cherry lips
albino at Marc Jacobs
and my favourite? Philip Lim girls in the colours that will stay in my make-up bag forever and that hair? So great!

No comments: