Monday, June 30, 2008

Lou Doillon for Lee Cooper









"Fashion to me is the girl in the street with her own style and a unique way of dressing. Fashion knows how to mix pieces and has a genius way of thinking about clothes" - Lou Doillon

It seems that anybody can have a fashion range, as long as you're rich and famous that is. From Kate Moss for Topshop to Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony, the 'it' girls sure know how to give us more. Lou Doillon teamed up with Lee Cooper and signed a 3 year deal for her range which is already selling overseas, infusing her sense of style onto the mainstream. I think what is great about all these designers is that they are emulated all over the world and that the average Sally can now have a slice of her own Lou. As I am a sceptic, I wonder who really designs the clothes and how much freedom the celebrity designers really have. As an optimist, I hope their clothes are just as great as they are.

No comments: